Marin and Derek Machado seem to have the perfect life.
She owns several upscale hair salons in Seattle and he runs his own successful company. They are driven and self-made. Their home is a showstopper. They only wear the most fashionable clothes and drive the best cars. They have a strong and happy marriage.
Everything seems perfect until their four-year-old son Sebastian is taken from them by someone disguised as Santa Claus a few days before Christmas.
One year later, all the FBI leads have evaporated and the Machado’s are no longer the object of envy.
Without her husband’s knowledge, Marin hires a private investigator to keep searching for Sebastian. What the PI learns is not what Marin expected.
What I loved about this book:
- Suspenseful and perfectly-paced story – within the first chapter or two I knew I was gonna be hooked! Just enough background to be interesting and stir your curiosity, but not so wordy that you have time to get bored with unnecessary detail.
- There’s something for everyone: family dysfunction, betrayal and a TON of secrets.
- The audio version is narrated by Kirsten Potter and she does a fantastic job. It’s also available in hardback, paperback, and e-versions.
- Fans of Lisa Jewell, Mary Kubica and Harlan Coben will enjoy Little Secrets.
- Book club questions & other fun writerly/authorly stuff at jenniferhillierbooks.com
“This book belongs at the top of your must-read list.”-Suspense Magazine
I highly recommend this book to fans of crime fiction, psychological thrillers or mysteries. It would be an exceptional choice for a beach read. Don’t take my word it, Little Secrets is also a top pick in USA Today, CrimeReads, Goodreads, LibraryReads and Kobo Best Mysteries & Thrillers.